I’ve been working on stock for my Christmas stall.
I have a cunning plan involving brooches made from vintage fabric.
They are going to be rather special, each one unique and completely handmade (of course). But more on those later.
I have been working on packaging for them.
Little drawstring bags.
I tried the fabric above first. It’s lightweight – too much so for cushions. I thought it would make a pretty bag.
Unfortunately it frays like a very-easily-frayed thing.
Which makes it something of a ‘mare to sew.
So I hunted through my stash and remembered this lovely Alice Apple cotton, from Spoonflower.
Much easier! And very cute.
Though I think I’ll go for ribbon ties, rather than those rather stiff bias binding ones.
I used this very handy tutorial to make the bags, scaled down to tiny-sized.
It took a couple of practice runs to get the method completely sorted (and I dispensed with the french seams), but I think now I have it in the bag…